There are 2 varieties of Citronella – Ceylon variety (Cymbopogon nardus) and Java variety (Cymbopogon winterianus). The oil obtained from the Java variety is considered to be higher quality as there are higher concentrations of geraniol and citronellal than the Ceylon variety.
Besides Lemon eucalyptus, this Java Citronella species is the best EO to repel mosquitoes due to its exceptionally high citronellal content.
- Aromatherapy: Repels insects, calming to pets, mental stimulant, anti-stress
Easy + effective insect repellent formula
- Combining 8 drops Citronella EO with 6 drops Virginia cedarwood EO into 50 ml coconut oil is a simple and popular remedy skin oil against mosquito attacks.
- Alternatively, you can also diffuse them in your house. Other EOs for repelling insects include geranium, lavender, lemongrass and lemon eucalyptus.
Calm your animal companions
- While the exact reason behind it is unknown, citronella oil can be a great thing to have around if you have a barking dog, or a cat that keeps getting up on your furniture. It’s said to be great at keeping them calm, and the scent seems to deter them from using items it’s been sprayed on.
- Plus when you spray it onto places like sheets or furniture, it also helps to keep them free from odor, pests, and bacteria.
- You can use a drop of Citronella EO onto the collar and let the natural aroma do its magic!
*Research published in the Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association.
Our Vizü ethereal oils are unadulterated and 100% pure essential oils. The essential oils are sourced from honest manufacturers who possess ecologically-conscious farming beliefs, to ensure no endangered species are used. Threatened plants are replaced with alternative species which are lesser known in the commercial market, to help our ecosystems to heal and help conserve endangered botanical species.
Each bottle is 10ml in a reusable amber glass bottle. This product is part of our 3R Initiative, click here to find out more!