West Indian Sandalwood in aromatherapy has properties to calm, reduce stress, tension, anxiety and promotes a peaceful state. It has a very calming, woody, sandalwood-like scent, but with a little sweetness lingering about. It is an excellent use as a perfume. It is chiefly employed as a fixative in many expensive design fragrances/perfumes and soap making.
Sustainability awareness: The uncontrolled harvesting of Indian Sandalwood has caused its tree populations to dwindle in recent years, which led India to impose an export ban on it. The trade has become so corrupt that it has turned to smuggling, adulteration, unorthodox trading, and synthetic substitutes. It is unfortunate that many oils commonly sold to the public are adulterated. This is done to increase profits without much concern for the consequences to the consumer. Some of the adulteration consists of adding cheaper oil to a more expensive oil to “stretch” it. In this case, it is Amyris into Sandalwood. Many other more serious adulterations take place by adding synthetics as well as fractionalized components, which contaminate the oils. But now we can appreciate true Amyris as itself as a beautiful wood oil! A great sustainable substitute to the highly endangered Indian sandalwood.
- Aromatherapy: Calming, reduces stress and tension, releases anxiety, promotes a peaceful state. Helps to deepen breathing. Improves mental clarity.
- Skin/bodycare: Loosens tight muscles. Natural perfume and also a good fixative base.
10ml Sultry oriental perfume inspiration
- 2ml / 60 drops rose oil
- 2ml / 60 drops West Indian sandalwood oil
- 1ml / 30 drops jasmine oil
- 5ml organic jojoba oil base
20ml Femme Noir perfume inspiration
- 3ml / 90 drops West Indian sandalwood oil
- 3ml / 90 drops rose oil
- 1ml / 30 drops frankincense oil
- 1ml / 30 drops patchouli oil
- 1ml / 30 drops pink grapefruit oil
- 0.5ml / 15 drops vetiver oil
- 4 drops clove oil
- 10ml organic jojoba oil base
Our Vizü ethereal oils are unadulterated and 100% pure essential oils. The essential oils are sourced from honest manufacturers who possess ecologically-conscious farming beliefs, to ensure no endangered species are used. Threatened plants are replaced with alternative species which are lesser known in the commercial market, to help our ecosystems to heal and help conserve endangered botanical species.
Each bottle is 10ml and 30ml in a reusable amber glass bottle. This product is part of our 3R Initiative, click here to find out more!